The basic objective of this research was to well informed the people about nail fungus infection. This is the contemplate (survey) of nail fungal infection among different scholars of university. Nail fungal taints are the utmost communal illnesses of the nails, making half of our nail uncharacteristic. This infection is most common in adults. So, for this project we took the feedback about the awareness of this infectious disease from different scholars of Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. They all gave various types of information about this infection. Then I concluded from this feedback that knowledge on nail fungus infection was higher in females than in male, some were suffering from this infection, someone’s relatives, friends, neighbors were agonizing. Even there were some who were not aware of this fungal disease.
Keywords: Fungal Disease; Nail Abnormalities; Common in Adult; Medication Available; Acknowledgement About Nail Fungus
Fungoid nail contamination is an ordinary disorder that commences as white or yellow speckle underneath the spike of our fingernail or toenail. It provoke nail to blemish, congeal, and smash at the extremity. If our illness is not trifling and upsetting us, we may not require therapy . But if it is aching, then self-aid steps and treatment may benefit. We may have nail contagion if our nails are condensed, white or yellow-brown streak, fragile, flakey, inaccurate in form, sniffing somewhat obscene. This contagion is typically instigated by numerous fungoid organisms or fungi. The most common source is a sort of fungus communal in grown person. Toe nail taint can begin from sportsperson’s foot and it can extend from one to another nail. Being adult, lessen blood movement, perspiring severely, rambling unadorned foot, having nail grievance, diabetes etc., these aspects can upsurge our danger of emerging nail fungus . A critical situation of nail infection can be throbbing and may create everlasting injury to our nails. And it may conduct other somber infections. So, there are some anticipations alike rinse hands and feet frequently, snip nails, attire perspiration-gripping socks, remove old shoes, hand over nail paint (Table 1). The basic motive of this work was to assess the knowledge about nail fungus infection. So, we had collected different information about this infectious disease from different people in university . Then according to our research, some were aware of this disease, some were suffering from this infection, even there were some who were not aware of this disease  (Table 2).
Materials and Methods
Feedback to estimate awareness about Nail fungus Infection
Nail Fungus Yes No
a) Nail Fungus Infection is a Metabolic disease
b) Nail Fungus Infection is a Genetic disease
c) Nail Fungus Infection is a Fungal disease
d) Nail Fungus Infection is a Viral disease
e) Nail Fungus Infection is a Bacterial disease
Ever experienced from Nail fungus Yes No
a. Ever you suffered from nail fungus
b. Ever your family member suffered
c. Ever your relative experienced from this infection
d. Ever your neighbor agonized from this infection
e. Ever any of your friend experienced
Nail fungus Infection Is usually mediated by Yes No
a) Infection is transmitted by Contacts or Blood transfusion
b) From parents to progeny
Nail fungus infection may be medicated by Yes No
b. Treated by Surgery
c. There is no need of cure
It was concluded from that project, most of the people were not aware of this infectious disease (Table 3). While there were some, who were suffering from this nail fungus infection . So, many diverse methods to resolving the problem of nail dispersion have been struggled recently. There were numerous factors that may subsidize to the high rate of fungal nail infection reappearance [6- 8]. It was proved that it is fungal disease. It is most common in aged people (Table 4). 45% of the students said that it is transmitted by contacts or blood transfusion. 83% of the scholars said that it is medicated by medicines and 39% said it is treated by medicines. As for as knowledge is concerned, it is detected that female were more aware of nail fungus than male [9,10].
Questionnaire studies have given a significant improvement in current researches. Endeavor Clinical Tribunals and Dr. Richard had worked on the contemplate of nail fungus infection among different people. They led a study to determine the protection and efficiency of a contemporary solution for the treatment of Nail fungus. A contemplate (survey) of nail fungus infection and awareness among different people had been done by Jeetun Omar, Dr. Rajesh.
- Eenglish MP (1976) Nails and fungi. British Journal of Dermatology 94(6): 697-701.
- Gentles JC, Evans EG (1970) Infection of the feet and nails with Hendersonula toruloidea Sabouraudia: Journal of Medical and Veterinary Mycology 8(1): 72-75.
- Qadir MI, Javid A (2018) Awareness about Crohn’s Disease in biotechnology students. Glo Adv Res J Med Medical Sci 7(3): 62-64.
- Qadir MI, Saleem A (2018) Awareness about ischemic heart disease in university biotechnology students. Glo Adv Res J Med Medical Sci 7(3): 59-61.
- Qadir MI, Ishfaq S (2018) Awareness about hypertension in biotechnology students. Int J Mod Pharma Res 7(2): 8-10.
- Qadir MI, Mehwish (2018) Awareness about psoriasis disease. Int J Mod Pharma Res 7(2): 17-18.
- Qadir MI, Shahzad R (2018) Awareness about obesity in postgraduate students of biotechnology. Int J Mod Pharma Res 7(2): 14-16.
- Qadir MI, Rizvi M (2018) Awareness about thalassemia in post graduate students. MOJ Lymphology & Phlebology 2(1): 14-16.
- Qadir MI, Ghalia BA (2018) Awareness survey about colorectal cancer in students of M. Phil Biotechnology at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan. Nov Appro in Can Study 1(3): 1-5.
- Qadir MI, Saba G (2018) Awareness about intestinal cancer in university student. Nov Appro in Can Study 1(3): NACS000515.